Pubdate: Thu, 06 Mar 2014
Source: News, The (New Glasgow, CN NS)
Copyright: 2014 Transcontinental Inc.
Author: Adam MacInnis


NEW GLASGOW - Right now, the former Clairtone building in Stellarton
sits vacant. Inside the floor is speckled with pigeon droppings,
outside the paint is peeling and around back you'll find a skateboard
park local youth must have built.

When Greg Wilson and Anthony Wile look at it though, they see only
potential and talk of a day when it will be bustling with activity

On Wednesday Wilson, CEO of Vida Cannabis, and Wile, whose company,
High Alert is helping to finance the purchase of the building, were in
Stellarton making arrangements for what they hope will become the
largest medicinal and recreational marijuana facility in Canada and
possibly North America.

Wile paints a picture of a clean-looking building with fresh
landscaping, state of the art security and dozens of people at work.

"It'll be white, bright and solid as a rock," he says describing what
the building will look like when they're finished.

Wednesday there were men inspecting the roof, which is in need of

Earlier Nova Scotia Power was out to discuss the power requirements
the company will have. There were discussions too with a fencing
company as well as Verhagen Demolition to get the building up to the
standards it needs to meet Health Canada requirements.

In many ways, Wile says the facility is ideal for what they want. It
only has one access point. It's a large building at 300,000 square
feet and even the climate is ideal in this area. With an indoor
marijuana plant one of the major issues is keeping the building cool
with all the lights needed to grow the plants inside.

Most have to be air conditioned continuously but in Nova Scotia, he
believes the natural cold weather could be taken advantage of. He
jokes that low temperatures are the northern hemisphere's greatest
natural resource.

"It's an optimized facility in an optimized climate," Wile

The deal to sell the building for $500,000 to Vida Cannabis is
scheduled to be finalized by April 15, but Wile said it could happen
much sooner. He'd like to see it happen by the third week in March.

Already, Wilson said they've been talking to the Pictou County Chamber
of Commerce about joining and he and Wile both talk optimistically
about becoming part of the community. Once the facility is completed,
they are confident it will get approval from Health Canada.

"It looks really good," said Sunrise Reality agent Cathy Covey. "I'm
cautiously optimistic."

She said the company has put down a significant down payment as proof
of their real intent to purchase the building but did not disclose the
amount. Some people have expressed concern about Wile's financial
past, however, and have questioned the undertaking.

Wile assures this deal is serious. He says he is not looking for a
penny of government money and is currently only dealing with
accredited investors.

About 10 years ago Wile along with several others was accused by the
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission of violating antifraud and
securities offering registration provisions.

An excerpt from the decision states: As further alleged in the
Commission's Complaint, in late 2002, Anthony Wile and another
individual formed Renaissance Mining Corporation ("Renaissance") and
thereafter engaged in substantial promotional activities that created
the misleading impression that Renaissance had acquired three Central
American gold mines and was the "Leading Gold Producer in Latin
America." In fact, Renaissance had only executed a non-binding Letter
of Intent to acquire those mines and lacked the funding necessary to
consummate the acquisition. The Complaint further alleges that Wile
acted in concert with the Lines brothers, who acquired a publicly
traded shell, Sedona Software Solutions, Inc., using LOM accounts in
the names of nominees to disguise their ownership of the Sedona shell,
as part of a plan to merge Sedona with Renaissance.

The complaint alleges that, in early 2003, Wile and an associate
primed the market for Renaissance/Sedona by disseminating materially
false and misleading information that misrepresented the ownership of
the gold mines and created the impression that the Renaissance/Sedona
merger had been completed. It states Wile and his associate also
arranged for the Renaissance/Sedona offering to be touted to
prospective investors by Robert Chapman, the publisher of an on-line
investment newsletter, and three other newsletter writers, all of whom
purchased Renaissance shares for nominal sums. Wile and his associate
informed the market that there would be an opportunity to invest in
Renaissance by acquiring Sedona stock at approximately $10 per share
beginning on Jan. 21, 2003.

According to the Complaint's allegations, on that date, Wile
orchestrated a pre-arranged manipulative trade between his uncle Wayne
E. Wile (who had changed his name to Wayne Wew), and Brian Lines to
artificially drive up the price of Sedona stock from $.03 per share to
more than $9 per share and stimulate trading in the stock. The
complaint alleged Scott Lines solicited investors, including at least
one LOM customer in the United States, to purchase Renaissance stock
in anticipation of the merger between Renaissance and Sedona, without
disclosing that he and Brian Lines owned the Sedona shell corporation.
The complaint further alleged that, after Renaissance and Sedona had
announced their pending merger, the Lines brothers sold 143,000 shares
of Sedona stock in an unregistered distribution to numerous public
investors at between $8.95 and $9.45 per share, reaping over $1
million in illegal profits. On Jan. 29, 2003, the Commission suspended
trading in Sedona's stock.

Wile, without admitting or denying the commission's allegations,
consented to the entry of the judgments against him in 2010. He was
ordered to pay a civil penalty in the amount of $35,000, barred from
serving as an officer or director of a public company for a period of
five years and barred from participating in an offering of penny stock
for a period of three years.

Wile, addressing this past on Wednesday, said that as part of the
agreement with the SEC he had agreed he would not talk about the case
publicly, so he could not address the accusations.

He did say however that all the shareholders had received their money
back in this situation and not one civil litigation suit was brought
against the company. He said he would never admit to doing something
wrong that he hadn't, which is why he agreed to consent to the entry
of judgments against him but without admission of guilt.

Immediately upon the SEC investigation Wile and the management team
returned all capital to all investors.

Since the deal was only six days old, none of the money was

"I've never been subjected to a criminal case," Wile said.
- ---
MAP posted-by: Matt